Stitch up an impactful, modern, Hello LOVE Quilt for yourself, or sew one for a friend. This stunning quilt features prints from Heather’s Hello LOVE feature-fabric collection inspired by the iconic music of the most-beloved pop band of all time: the Beatles. Mixed in are striking modern basics from Heather’s TRUE Colors collection.
Hello LOVE Quilt
For a limited time, purchase a Hello LOVE Quilt Materials Kit and receive this pattern for FREE with your kit.
NOTE: Fabrics are 44″/45″ wide, quilting-weight cotton. Yardage requirements are calculated using 40″-width of usable fabric to adjust for variances in fabric width and to adjust for possible fabric shrinkage from pre-washing. Use this legend as a fabric-placement guide. For hearts (fabrics A-G), choose an assortment of prints from the same color family (red in example depicted).
Thread, scissors, needle, water-soluble marker, cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler, iron, ironing board, starch, safety pins
** Increase yardage for border fabric (M) if you wish to feature same area of print in each strip.
Match the Cover Quilt
For a quilt which MATCHES THE COVER, here are the HELLO LOVE & TRUE COLORS fabrics needed:
• (A) 1/3 yd. of Norwegian Wood – Red (for hearts)
• (B) 1/3 yd. of Blackbird – Red (for hearts)
•(C) 1/3 yd. of Pop Star – Pink (for hearts)
• (D) 1/3 yd. of Guru – Red (for hearts)
• (E) 1/3 yd. of Spark – Scarlet (for hearts)
• (F) 1/3 yd. of Checkerbone – Watermelon (for hearts)
• (G & N) 1 3/4 yd. of Twist and Shout – Red (for hearts & binding)
• (H) 2 3/4 yds. of Get Back – Cream (for background)
• (I) 1/3 yd. of Divvy Dot – Poppy (for hearts)
• (J) 5/8 yd. of Get Back – Blue (for chevron stripes)
• (K) 5/8 yd. of Zen Dot – Cobalt (for chevron stripes)
• (L) 1/2 yd. of Get Back – Red (for inner border)
•(M) 1 1/4 yds. of Norwegian Wood – Midnight (for outer border)
NOTE: 1 3/4 yds. needed for fussy-cutting to show exact same portion of print on each border strip.
• (O) 4 3/4 yds. Spark – Sapphire (for backing—OR your choice of Hello LOVE fabrics)
• Batting to measure at least 72″ x 82″